No Silence Please..
- Drown In The Magic Of Khwab Sa — Khwab Sa, a 120-minute, gloriously colourful musical experience comes to a theatre near you! This is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, performed as a collaborative project with contemporary dance and movement, in Hindi gibberish as spoken word and live contemporary World Music- all performed by various professional artists chosen and brought together from [...]
- They Dehumanise Women Because They Can — Sometime last year I went for a late night show with my 18-year-old and forgot one cardinal rule I have always followed while going out after dusk though it is a rare occurrence. Dress down. Wear a big shawl that hides the fact that though 47, I am a woman still. No flashy neck or [...]
- The Wait… — When the soul remains shrouded In the dead silence of a few past days, When the heart lies curled up Too heavy to move; When the sky remains overcast With smoking clouds of pain and agony When words lose their meanings And protests their fire; When things remain As they had been; I look vacantly [...]
- Why Women Don’t Matter — In 1987, Roopkuvarba Kanwar, a Rajput woman was celebrated by a huge number of people in her community for committing Sati at Deorala village of Sikar district in Rajasthan. She was just 18 and had been married for just eight months to one Maal Singh Shekhawat. Thousands of people watched her immolation into a heap of [...]
- Raising Motivated Children Is The New Challenge — A 13-year old school girl from Bangalore went missing recently and was found in Hubli. I do not know the family personally, but the incident had me thinking really hard because I too am a mother. I feel, today all stake holders in the education system are facing a serious challenge. Parents, teachers and the society have [...]