It will be annual diary time for teachers soon. There will be records to fill up; lists of textbooks and duties, methods of teaching to be detailed, workshops attended, special measures for bright students, remedial measures to improve the weak and of course, most important of all, an overview of what inspired the teacher most during the past session.
Educating The Educators…
- Estranged — The blood they shed in your name in my name in our name runs in the veins of this country as the music of Baba Allauddin Abdul Kareem Khan saheb Amir Khusrau Ustad Amir Khan Begum Akhtar Ustad Bismillah Khan and so many who sang of Ram and Allah of your heart, my spirit [...]
- Bahadur- The First Ever Indian Superhero — Indrajal Comics (IJC) was launched by leading Indian publisher Bennett, Coleman & Co in March 1964. The first 32 issues contained Lee Falk’s The Phantom stories, but thereafter, the title alternated between various King Features characters, including Mandrake and Flash Gordon. At Bennett, Coleman & Co the editor at that time was Anand Jain [...]
- The Right Moment Will Never Come — How many times have you put off doing stuff just because the conditions weren’t as perfect as you wanted them to be? For the longest time I have wanted to do a yoga teacher training(YTT). I looked up several classes in the area. I looked up schedules and everything but always felt like it was a lot [...]
- Mussoorie And Landour: The Literary Connection — The twin towns of Mussoorie and Landour are famed for their scenic beauty and the rare winter line phenomenon. However, not many people know that they have a rich literary heritage and highest density of authors anywhere in the world. While Landour is home to many writers, the most well-known being Ruskin Bond, who shifted [...]
- Because Only Women Need To be “Responsible”! — “Live Responsibly or Anticipate Death and Destruction” reads the title of an article on the death of model Sonika Chauhan. “We want ‘equal rights’ – we want to be able to go out late at night as men do, bar-hop, drink and relax, have several rounds of drinks. It’s our ‘right’. We too need to [...]