A Virtual Prayer!
- Everywoman… — The pain of men Is the crux of noir It’s why girlfriends Are found in fridges The pain of men Is stoic Quietly eats away at the men The pain of men Drives revenge epics Fuels classical tragedies The pain of men Ennobles, somehow The pain of women Is everyday Everywoman And when it is [...]
- I will meet you there… — When they scatter your ashes On the slopes of Landour Cantt. I will walk up Rajpur road And meet you there. On that bendy path by which, The Raj, in palanquins, was carried To its Summer Capital. Where we kicked at logs Laid out to ease the climb And marvelled at the old Abandoned chalk [...]
- Or not… — I do not entirely dislike this era When I see Van Gogh’s sunflowers on a paper bag On the arm of a young woman in a mini skirt Messaging someone on her phone I do not entirely dislike the idea That it is all minutiae now And entire libraries can wait on her phone Unread [...]
- The End of Monsoon — Insides of my skull Echoing sounds Of drumming water On tin window shields Banging the brain Into numb submission Fading slowly out of Thought, into morass. Looking out of glass Like fish in pointless swim My aquarium filled With moist air. Trapped must feel like this Free must feel like this Sightless must be [...]
- A World Of Music.. — Can you hear the Music of the Breeze? The Music of the Leaves? The Music made by Birds? The humming of the Trees? Can you hear your blood singing? Can you hear the heart pinging? On a machine that says you are alive, Can you hear your breath steaming? Can you hear the Earth thumping? [...]